The second year of grief

The second year of grief is one of learning to deal with the truth that our loved is gone and not coming back and is in heaven now, and that there is nothing you can do about it.
Sue
Site Admin
Loss: 10 Mar 2000
Loved Ones Name: John

The second year of grief

Postby Sue » January 21st, 2013, 8:02 pm

The second year of grief is one of learning to deal with the truth that our loved is gone and not coming back and is in heaven now, and that there is nothing you can do about it. No matter how well you deal with your grief, no matter how you rise to the challenge of life without them, they are not coming back. You knew this, of course, but now it has seeped deeper into your consciousness, and you feel it with every breath you take. Because of this, the second year (or at least parts of it) can be worse than the first. What makes the second year even harder to face is that some think you should be over your grief, and they have little patience for your continued tears. They urge you to get on with your life, but they don’t understand that this is how you are getting on with your life. And this is normal.

madukes143
Loss: 19 Feb 2012
Loved Ones Name: Orlando

Re: The second year of grief

Postby madukes143 » March 30th, 2013, 4:15 pm

This is exactly how I feel. How do you move on or continue to exist?Where do they go? Will you ever see them again. And most important yes I would give anything for just 5 more minutes.

Kristina
Site Admin
Loss: 08 May 2017
Loved Ones Name: Donna
Second Loss: 22 Oct 2012
lontwo: Lisa 10/1/03,Katrina

Re: The second year of grief

Postby Kristina » January 2nd, 2014, 1:23 pm

Yes. There are times, it seems that my losses are fresh and no time has passed at all. And then there are times it is so painful because so much time has passed and the reality that they are no longer here hurts so deeply, I'm not sure I can survive it. And yes, at this point, everyone around me feels it just time to move on...get on with it...get over it. The pain is not something that can adequately be described to someone who is not experiencing it. And the urges to "move on" only deepen the pain. I'm so grateful that there are people here who understand that.

Return to “The second year of grief”