Carm's 2013 favorites

Have you read a great book or recommendations and want to share it with other members? You can do it here! We want to read about your favorite book, what you liked, and what the coolest part was.
Carm
Loss: 04 May 2012
Loved Ones Name: Doug

Carm's 2013 favorites

Postby Carm » March 24th, 2014, 10:41 am

I meant to do this for awhile but I kept forgetting I write down in a notebook every book I've read during a year just to keep track and not buy the same book again in case I forgot I read it which has happened. Anyway here goes in no particular order:
Tiny Sunbirds Fly Away by Christine Watson;
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green-difficult subject matter but handled sensitively and written very very well;
The Lost Husband by Katherine Center-while I thought I'd have trouble with this book it is really wonderfully written about a woman getting her life back after the death of her husband-Katherine had turned out to be one of my favorite writers and is always responsive to my emails;
Love Potion Number 10 by Betsy Woodson;
TransAtlantic by Colin McCann;
Loteria by Mario Alberto Zambrano
Freuds Mistress by Katherine Mack and Jennifer Kaufman;
The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier-she is a great writer creating stories from historical events;
The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by MarieDilloway;
Good Luck Girls of Shipwreck Lane by Kelly Harms -loved this one!!!;
Whistling Past The Graveyard by J Crandell-loved this one too!!!

Return from Gap Creek by Robert Morgan; and finally
Where'd You go Bernadette by Marie Semple

While I didn't read these this year these are my absolute most favorite books of all time:
I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb-wonderful,story of family dynamics;
Last Days of Summer by Steve Kruger-fabulous story of a young lonely Brooklyn boy developing a relationship with a rookie major league ball player told in letter form-very funny very warm and just good; and
The Stand by Stephen King-read this three times-very very long but the best of all of kings books

Return to “Books”